Sunday, November 28, 2010

(94) May 28, 2010: Thousand Mile Ride

THOUSAND MILE RIDE

The full moon's rising on the open road
My bags are packed, my treasures stowed
My tank is full of golden fuel
The midnight sky is clear and cool
For a thousand mile ride.

My engine's tuned to a fine refrain
My headlights beam through the dark terrain
I've left behind the bleak and bland
To stretch my wheels across the land
For a thousand mile ride.

My riding boots are laced up tight
My helmet's snug and feels just right
The folks back home are safe and sound
I'm flying two feet off the ground
For a thousand mile ride.

I'll just be gone a day or two
To catch a glimpse of a wider view
It's hard to tell what I might find
But I'll be back with peace of mind
From a thousand mile ride.

D. Edgar Lamp

www.TheDailyPoem.org
Quintain Stanza

No comments:

Post a Comment