Sunday, November 7, 2010

(19) March 14, 2010: Leavetaking

LEAVETAKING

I leave my farm all smooth and clean
  In search of crops with higher yields,
  Take out across the fallow fields,
My bets will hedged in dueling green.

The vegetation rages high,
  The inclination rises steep,
  On every side phantasms leap
Around the corners of my eyes.

The air is pungent with the scent
  Of pollinating fever grass
  That paints my trousers as I pass,
With yellow dust of sweet intent.

No pocketful of seeds for me,
  No master plan with gardens fair;
  I'm on my way toward something rare,
A fanciful philosphy.

The tenets of my creed are few,
  The a priori ballast light;
  I take the day and leave the night,
I leave the old and take the new.

D. Edgar Lamp

http://www.thedailypoem.org/ #19
In Memoriam Stanza

No comments:

Post a Comment