Tuesday, November 9, 2010

(40) April 4, 2010: Trash Duty

TRASH DUTY

  I carried out the trash
Just like I'd done a thousand times before,
But there behind a bin I found a cache
  Of unused open doors.

  The one marked Reverie
I chose, and stepped across and through,
And there detached in boyish ecstasy
  I roamed the morning's dew.

  Investment's coorway called
To me, as if to say, "How much, kind sir?"
I gave him five, "But are you sure?" he stalled,
  "I will ten-fold confer."

  Another door named Friend
I found, and with suspicion warily passed,
Unsure of who might be the one to end
  My woe, and would it last?

  I carried in the trash
Unlike I'd ever thought to do before,
And left behind that bin no hidden cache
  Of unused open doors.

D. Edgar Lamp

www.TheDailyPoem.org #40
To A Waterfowl Stanza

No comments:

Post a Comment