Tuesday, November 23, 2010

(60) April 24, 2010: The Old Telescope

THE OLD TELESCOPE

I found the old telescope under the chair.
I looked all around, but no one was there.
I lifted the scope for an eye full of stare,
And heard a thin voice from out of thin air.
I heard the voice say, "You'd better beware.
Before you start gazing, you'd better prepare.
A Time Telescoper may give you a scare
Unless you're a man who can do and can dare."
"I am," I replied. "And in truth I declare,
The future is something I'm ready to square,
To tie up its braid in a ribbon with flair,
And let it reveal every step, every stair,
All the way down from here to where
I'm sitting alone in a telescope chair,
Watching the future I knew wasn't fair,
Finding myself the unfortunate heir
Of a Time Telescoper beyond all compare.
But now it's become an alarming affair,
I see myself watching me looped in despair;
Finding that telescope under that chair,
Looking around to find nobody there,
Lifting the scope to my eye for the rare
Glimpse of Future that none can repair.
I wish I had taken the Time to prepare.
I can't stop me watching myself isn't there.

D. Edgar Lamp

www.TheDailyPoem.org #60
Monorhyme

No comments:

Post a Comment