Sunday, November 28, 2010

(93) May 27, 2010: Beyond Repair

BEYOND REPAIR

If you should find me crumpled in a heap
Beyond repair and very nearly dead,
My words erased by quickly coming sleep,

Please whisper gently as you hold my head
And tell me something I might want to know
Like, “Please don’t worry now, & please don’t dread.”

Remind me that this world is not my home
And soon with Jesus I will ever be;
Then dial 9-1-1, but do it slow.

Come ride along in back, and stay with me,
And if you would, please softly sing a hymn
Like “Morning by morning new mercies I see.”

And don't you cry; no sense in getting grim.
Just stay with me, and pray with me, and tell
Me all about the shining Seraphim

That soon will carry me to where they dwell
In feathered flight, no time to stop and grieve;
Hello, hello, and never more farewell.

D. Edgar Lamp

www.TheDailyPoem.org
Terza Rima

No comments:

Post a Comment