Sunday, November 28, 2010

(105) June 8, 2010: Second Skin

SECOND SKIN

I've now been watching someone else's life
For twenty years inside my living space.
I see the image streaming from his cam
Attached by plastic straps beside his face.
I eaves-and-eye-drop every move he makes
Enchanted by the chances that he takes.

I've been disabled now for eighteen years;
I get my meals-on-wheels at my front door.
My lawyer blames the LifeCam engineers
My doctor hasn't seen this thing before
Will treat it as he would an OCD
But all the pills I take aren't helping me.

For now I sleep and wake in sync with him,
His gallivanting generosity's my own.
They're sending SecondSkin by EpiSym
For free, since I've become an LC-Clone.
My life with him is just about to start;
Together skin for skin and part for part.

D. Edgar Lamp

www.TheDailyPoem.org
Venus & Adonis Stanza

No comments:

Post a Comment