Friday, November 12, 2010

(46) April 10, 2010: The Fourth Flight

THE FOURTH FLIGHT

A helicopter built for one
Was parked beside a golden tent;
The note attached read, “Just For Fun.”
The envelope, “Informed Consent.”
The box was labeled, “Cinnamon Bun.”
And I arrived with great delight,
Not knowing why or whose intent,
But leaped aboard and took my flight.

The blue propellers blithely spun
And braved me through a swift ascent,
Till landing in a spot of sun
I asked myself, “To what extent
Have you gone mad or come undone?”
You’ve gentled on this towering height
Beside a glider’s soon descent…”
I leaped aboard and took my flight.

I lofted out through evening sun,
A serpentine of timing spent,
Until at last though just begun
I wafted in on slick cement
With visions clearly all-for-one.
But there a pontoon flier kite
Enticed me with its wind-filled vent:
I leaped aboard and took my flight.

Just as I made my sea-wing run,
There drew beside me slow and light,
The Giant Osprey Diver sent—
I leaped aboard and took my flight.

D. Edgar Lamp

www.TheDailyPoem.org #46
Ballade

No comments:

Post a Comment