Sunday, November 28, 2010

(108) June 11, 2010: The Buzz In The Window

THE BUZZ IN THE WINDOW

A buzz between the glass and screen,
   A blizzard spindling fizzle whizz,
A battling bio buzz machine;
   I wonder what it really is?

I’m not sure why, but it’s not a fly.
   I know it’s not a bumble bee.
I think it’s got one crazy eye
   That seems to stare right in at me.

It buzzes like the blurry whirr
   Of chainsaws dueling up the street;
They’re slicing up a conifer
   Like butchers carving frozen meat.

It might be part robotic droid
   Or a micro-helicopter thing.
It must be surgically destroyed
   In case it has a deadly sting.

It smacks itself on the window pane,
   Backtracks itself in dizzy spins
On a random swerving slam campaign;
   It stops abrupt and again begins.

I’d like to let it out of there,
   But I’m afraid it might decide
To vanish up my nostril flare
   And choose my brain as a place hide.

That buzz between the glass and screen,
   That blizzard spindling fizzle whizz,
That battling bio buzz machine,
   Can stay right there, whatever it is.

D. Edgar Lamp

www.TheDailyPoem.org
Ballad Meter

No comments:

Post a Comment